Wednesday 18 January 2017

READS REVISTED

I wish life were a book cherished
One where I could engage
Moving back and forth in time
Indulgently, turning page by page

Each morn as night breathes its last
And the sun on the horizon’s play
I would love to visit the moments lost
To time, where memories ricochet

I’d read days when I was but a child
Not a care more in my gentle heart
Than to run barefoot in the garden
Happiness butterflies in fragrant flowers

In a whisper of a caressing breeze
I would touch the days of young love
To feel once more the warm promises
Of eternal bonds and forever more

On another page I would smell the joys
Of baby lotion and tiny clothes
Smiling at chubby hands holding mine
And grinning faces with toothless holes

Some days I would turn a page and cry
At the things I had loved and lost
Other times memories of laughter and joys
With friends would flood my thoughts

Maybe I’d be tempted too, to reach past
To the end of the treasured tome
But then I would find blank pages left there
By God, to be painted with shiny chrome

Each night as stars would twinkle bright
And shower me with mellifluous delights
I would turn a few pages to feel once again
The deep love of life’s fortuitous writes

MS




No comments:

Post a Comment