Thursday 19 January 2017

HEALING TIDES

Listlessly I stroll the cool wet sand
Watching the waves lap gently by,
They whisper softly in my ears
I think they hurt to see me cry.

They come to touch me again and again
Trying to soothe my prints in the grain,
The prints that none but I can see
For they’re just my shattered soul’s debris.

Soon the lengthening shadows deep
Begin to claw at my naked feet,
And the waves, they valiantly break them down
With moonlit reflections off their crown.

There’s nothing to obstruct the light of dusk
I wonder, from where these shadows appear
And I see the faces of my troubled thoughts
Living in the dark shapes that clutch and tear.

But I smile, to see their demonic quests
Being laid to rest by the spunky crests
That gobble up the hurt and eat up the pain,
They begin to make me whole again.

A marvelous dawn splits the horizons pink
Suddenly the waves are hushed
Quieter than the eyes that blink;
As if to fondly say
Look up at the waking new day!
You don’t need my comfort now
Go play….
Dance to the hues of the rainbow ballet.

And when the shadows emerge again at night
Come to my sanctuary, in the mellow moonlight
Where hearts will convey in wordless chants
Our unuttered needs and unspoken wants.

MS




No comments:

Post a Comment