Thursday 19 January 2017

THE GENIE OF THE LAMP

I am your little genie
A wisp of smoky blue
Wish me there and I’ll appear
To make your dreams come true

I’ll take you to the magical lands
Where fountains spew forth milk
Beautiful princesses dance with you
In resplendent robes of silk

Where riches in sparkling disarray
Overflow inexhaustible pots
Tears don’t exist, it’s only joys
Tumbling from loving hearts

I travelled far and travelled wide
I learnt that in the end
No greater treasure in the caves
Than the gift of a loving friend

You can take my magical carpet
And fly up to the moon
Pluck stars for your princess from the sky
And string them in soulful tunes

So while I am told by the powers be
To grant you wishes three
I’ll give you two and then you can ask
For umpteen more, and I’ll agree

For an eternity of servitude with love
Has more bliss than freedom brings
You might be plain Al to all the world
But for me you’ll always be a prince.

MS




No comments:

Post a Comment