Thursday 19 January 2017

RETROSPECTIONS

As yesterdays fall into today

I look for the prints
The scraps of your being
That tell you've been here
Those bits I hold dear
The drops on my lashes
The random memory flashes
The lingering scents of spring
The chills that breezes bring

I see the storm clouds building
The horizons turn to grey
Colours that leak out of the skies
Behind my eyelids play
They paint pictures of starry nights
That turned to whitewashed days
Reflections of my raging thoughts
In wildly violent arrays

I pick up our petals, fallen
Among the blades of grass
And let them drift back again
To where they lay
In reminiscence of moments
Of riotous passions lived
For that's where they belong
Among memory's play

As yesterdays fall into today...


MS




No comments:

Post a Comment