Thursday 19 January 2017

RUSTLINGS

I sit under the moonless sky 
Faintly lit by the lonely stars 
Making friends with the silence 
The darkness that engulfs my heart.

For in this quiet I catch the breeze 
That whispers to me sweet nothings 
From the depths of wells of memories 
That hold you within its rustlings. 
Here in the darkness I see your light 
That still casts its warm amber glow 
In the tender dark of the starlit night 
I let the wetness from my eyes overflow. 

My heartbeat flutters its dainty wings 
As your fragrance fills the air around 
My skin prickles with your presence, it does! 
I feel your hands holding mine, spellbound. 

In body I know not your feel or scent 
But the soul has its immortal memories 
It nurtures your spirit alive through time 
And sends its vibes riding the westerlies. 

MS




No comments:

Post a Comment